We take safety seriously.
Providers on our site are heavily vetted -- including in-person interviews and in-home personal safety checks with our team -- to ensure the highest quality childcare. We’re parents just like you, and we know kids’ safety is just as important as their educational and supportive interactions. That’s why we are a gun-free platform, and all providers must meet our highest standards to be on the site.
Requirements for Daycares
All daycare listings are licensed within their state. That means they have rules governing:
- Child:staff ratios and class sizes
- Child supervision
- Building safety
- Immunizations, handwashing, diaperings and other public health concerns
- Nutrition of food served to children
- Training and fingerprint criminal background checks, along with specific offense (e.g., sex offender, child abuse) registry checks
Requirements for Individual Providers
In order to become an individual provider, providers must pass:
- National criminal background checks and sex offender registry scan
- Individual Interviews with MeTime staff
- An in-home childproofing inspection
- 3 non-family reference checks
You can learn more about our background check process.